This page describes who I (Kirby Moore) am:
I am a bodyworker, an embodiment coach, a trauma-resolution support practitioner, a Buddhist practitioner, a Spiritual Astrologer and I make every attempt to maintain virtue and to continue growing and learning. I am grateful that you are here visiting my site!
I offer in-person bodywork (with Covid safety protocols in place), long-distance sessions in Somatic Experiencing and Spiritual Astrology (a.k.a. Trauma-Informed Astrology). I am very blessed to be able to do what I love and do what continues to stretch me and encourages me to continue learning and growing.
I like to ask the following questions of myself and my clients / students:
Where is the health in your system?
What makes you feel alive?
When have you felt most like yourself?
I have been extremely fortunate in the teachings I have received and in having grounded, precious heart teachers. Since 2005, I have been studying and practicing emotional-process-oriented bodywork (deeper healing and repair type of personal growth work) with Craniosacral Therapy, Zapchen Somatics and Visceral Manipulation. Then in 2012, I took my first class in Working with the Polyvagal System and I have been hooked ever since.
I love learning about the Autonomic Nervous System, what it means to be in Sympathetic states, Parasympathetic and Socially Engaged states! And using this information to benefit my clients – both in bodywork, long distance sessions and even in astrology interpretations.
Kirby in May of 2020, near the completion of 3 month retreat
In 2013, I took my first intensive workshop in Birth Process Work, then in 2016 I began formal training in it – otherwise known as Pre- and Perinatal Psychology. Then in 2018, I continued training in Somatic Experiencing and am now two-thirds of the way through this awesome training program. This combination – Craniosacral Therapy, Birth Process work and Somatic Experiencing allows me to support clients from many different angles. I have a number of tools under my belt, and I invite my clients to repair, heal and process on their leading edge – never going too deep too fast! (Very important)
I offer unique healing experiences that no one else can offer: One, I offer grounded, embodied process-oriented bodywork (or long-distance) sessions informed by an extensive background in meditation and yoga (over 15 years of practicing Tibetan Buddhism), Birth Process work, Trauma-resolution modalities and Chinese Medicine (Asian Bodywork in particular). And two, I offer Trauma-Informed (Spiritual) Astrology interpretations informed by the same awesome modalities and spiritual grounding.
I offer these sessions in-person in Central Virginia and long distance sessions across North America, along with having clients in Europe, Asia and Australia.
To Contact Kirby:
To schedule a bodywork (in-person or distance) or Spiritual Astrology session Email Kirby at: kirby [at] mkirbymoore [dot] com
Timeline of learning and modalities:
- 2003 – present – Western Astrology, Spiritual Astrology
- 2004 – present – Reiki Energetic Healing
- 2005 – present – Craniosacral Therapy, Zapchen Somatics, Tibetan Buddhism
- 2007 – 2012 – Non-violent Communication workshops, Help Increase the Peace program trainer
- 2007 – 2011 – Bachelor’s in Psychology from UVa
- 2007 – present – receiving teachings, attending 10-day meditation retreats and more with incredible teachers including His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Garchen Rinpoche, HH the Drikung Kyabgon and many other precious heart teachers
- 2012 – present – Working with the Polyvagal System, Polyvagal Therapy, Polyvagal Theory work with Deb Dana and Stephen Porges
- 2013 – present – Birth Process work, Pre- and Perinatal Psychology (PPN work) with Myrna Martin, Kate White, Janet Evergreen and others
- 2018 – present – completed two out of three years of Somatic Experiencing training
Originally born and raised in Hawaii, I have lived in Virginia for over 34 years, where I love spending time outdoors, hiking, biking, gardening, saying AH and just being with natural rhythms, inner, outer and secret. Please visit the other pages on my blog when you have the chance.
Kirby with his family dog in 2012
Thank you for visiting and please leave a comment!